Why Fix Ductwork on Time?
While carrying out Oklahoma heating system maintenance, we at TS Heat and Air have seen exactly how damaged HVAC ducting can impact comfort in a home or commercial establishment. Deferring a repair job makes it difficult and expensive to fix the damage, but there are a number of other negative effects that poor ductwork can have such as:
- Any kind of damage to the ductwork on your property can increase the contamination levels in the indoor spaces. This has an adverse impact on your health.
- Leaks in ductwork reduce the efficiency all your HVAC system and strain the mechanism, causing it to become overworked. This reduces the longevity of the system and it’s likely that you have to replace it well before its time.
- Damaged ducting also affects the energy-efficiency of the system, which results in higher power bills.
One of the best ways to ensure that you avoid all these problems is to get regular HVAC maintenance OKC done from experts like us. We are extremely thorough in the manner in which we handle this job. Our team will inspect all the components of a system when they visit your property for maintenance. They will fix existing problems promptly and will also take measures to prevent potential ones from cropping up.
Signs That Your HVAC System Needs Repair
However, we always recommend that you call us as soon as you notice any signs of deterioration such as:
- Hot Or Cold Spots In The Indoor Spaces- Broken ductwork always creates hot and cold spots as it prevents proper airflow from reaching into various rooms in your house or commercial area. You would notice this problem not just in the winter months but in the summer months as well.
- Odd Noises From The Ducting- When air flows through the HVAC system, the ducting contracts and expands with the change in temperature. If you hear an occasional popping sound when that the AC or heater first comes on, that is quite normal. However, if you hear continuous shaking or rattling noises, these are indications that some component in the ductwork is either damaged or loose and requires repairs.
- Increase In Utility Bills- As mentioned earlier, broken or leaking ductwork strain the system. It means the system uses more energy to reach the expected temperature which results in higher cooling and heating bills. If you are unable to account for increasing energy bills, it is important that you call us without delay.
For more information about our Oklahoma heating system maintenance and repair services, feel free to call TS Heat & Air at [phoen}9. You can also use this online form to send us your estimate requests and we will respond promptly.