Simple solutions that could save you money!
If you experience any trouble with your system, you may always call TS Heat & Air for help and service. But here are a few simple solutions you can attempt before calling your expert Lennox dealer to your home for a service visit.
Air Conditioning Equipment Checklist
1. Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the “cool” position.
2. Ensure that your outdoor air conditioning (condensing unit) is running:
- Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box (or electrical panel), most likely mounted to an outside wall in the back of the house. Are they in the “On” position?
- Check the outdoor unit “disconnect switch” to make sure it is in the “ON” position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit. (Typically a grey 4″ wide x 8″ high x 3″ deep box mounted to the wall).
3. Ensure that the blower motor in your furnace is running. (If the thermostat is in the “cool” position, the furnace blower should be running.)
- If not, check to make sure the on / off switch at the furnace is in the “ON” position
4. Be sure that you have changed your filter recently.
- An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
- Your filter should be changed every month.
5. Check all return and supply air grilles and make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
Gas Furnace Equipment
1. Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the “heat” position
2. Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set above (or higher than) the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.(This tells your heating system that it should provide heat!)
3. Ensure that there is power to the furnace:
- Try turning the fan to “ON” using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
4. Check the circuit breakers at the electrical panel to make sure they are in the “On” position.
5. Replace the filter if needed.
6. Check all return and supply air grilles and make sure they are not blocked by furniture.